Wichtiger Hinweis für die Benützung des Forums : Es ist verboten Urheberrechtliches Material ins Forum zu stellen oder zu veröffentlichen, das Internet ist kein Rechtsfreier Raum ! Ich Admin Erwin Wiedmer lehne jeglich Haftung hierdurch ab, jeder Benutzer ist für seine Einträge selber verantwortlich und haftet dementsprechend ! Falls Sie mit dieser Bedingung nicht einverstanden sind - Benutzen Sie das Forum nicht ! Danke Admin Erwin Wiedmer
X

A strange altimeter

#1 von rlm66.de , 11.01.2011 10:59

Hello,

I have been away for a long time bevcause of my field works. Recently, I have bought a Fl 22320 altimeter which is pretty different in many aspects. First, its front plate where the values are written was made of paper (a thin card board). Strangely, this paper is not hand made as the openings on it were cut crisp sharp just like in the regular production altimeters. So, I believe that it was cut in the factory, not in the field. Second, the values on the paper plate were written by hand with an ink pen. To draw the lines in a regular order, 2 circles were drawn with a pencil on the paper plate. You can see them on the photo below. Finally the values goes up to 3200, not to 1000. Can it be something to do with high altitute flight?

I have no clue about why it was made in such a way by using this material. Any information is welcome.

Regards,

batur

rlm66.de

RE: A strange altimeter

#2 von rookie1 , 11.01.2011 12:28

Hello Batur,
very interesting!
The scale tells me, the altimeter was converted to feet (3280,95 feet = 1000m).
Also the pressure scale seems to have been converted to inch Hg.
So,the instrument may have been used after the war in England or USA or so.

Regards,
Harald

rookie1

#3 von rlm66.de , 11.01.2011 13:43

You are right Harald. It was converted to feet so it must have been used after the war. It is nice that the paper plate was cut very clean.

Have a good day,

batur

rlm66.de

#4 von Ju388L , 31.05.2013 16:30

I believe that particular specimen is now in my possession. When stripping it down for restoration, it turned out that the original instrument dial was still preserved under the paper. However, the glue used to fix the paper has substantially damaged the original dial paint, which means that a repaint is due here.

Best regards,

Christoph

Ju388L

Restaurierung Führertochterkompaß PFK-f2 (Fl 23334)
Welches Horizont für 109 G-10/U4?

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz