Wichtiger Hinweis für die Benützung des Forums : Es ist verboten Urheberrechtliches Material ins Forum zu stellen oder zu veröffentlichen, das Internet ist kein Rechtsfreier Raum ! Ich Admin Erwin Wiedmer lehne jeglich Haftung hierdurch ab, jeder Benutzer ist für seine Einträge selber verantwortlich und haftet dementsprechend ! Falls Sie mit dieser Bedingung nicht einverstanden sind - Benutzen Sie das Forum nicht ! Danke Admin Erwin Wiedmer
X

Swiss Bf 109G-6 Instrument Panel

#1 von rlm66.de , 24.01.2010 22:53

Here is what I am currently working on: a Bf 109G-6 plywood instrument panel version used in the Swiss Air Force. As always I have drawn it on NX3 before I start working at the workshop.

The difference between the Swiss and German panels was that the Swiss G-6 panel had a clock in the place of AFN2. However, I do not know what was found in the original place of the clock on the trager panel!

rlm66.de

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.01.2010 | Top

RE: Swiss Bf 109G-6 Instrument Panel

#2 von MarcelT , 25.01.2010 18:11

Hello Batur,

It looks like we do have a common interest . . :)
attached 2 images of my version of the 'Geraetetafeltraeger' 8-109.116-049

Regards, Marcel

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 8-109.116-049_hinten.JPG   8-109.116-049_vorn.JPG 

MarcelT

#3 von rlm66.de , 25.01.2010 20:37

Hello Marcel,

I really liked your trager panel. Very detailed. However, I guess you made the small mistake in the area above the SZKK3 oval opening. This is a common mistake and I have seen it in several reproductions. It is very normal because the blueprint is not very clear at this area. It is hard to explain the mistake so I attach a photo from my NX3 drawing of 8-109.116-049 Geratetafel-trager. I also attach a photo from an original panel where this area is clearly visible. You can see that both front an back of the panel in that area has the same shape and thickness. However, there is a depression only in the middle. You can find more photos at Erwin's page at http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/downloa...e%20109%20F.htm. Hope this helps.

One more thing about this Elektron trager panel: A few years ago I had a chance to examine an original copy of this panel. It was coming from a Bf 109G-2 wreck and though it was very similar to what we have on the blueprint, it was not 100% the same. You probably have the same blueprint with me and its last change was dated January 1942. This is several months before the start of G-2 production. So, probably the trager on the G-2 was different than what we have in the blueprint.

I really like drawing parts at CAD and NX3. However, I have had very limited time recently. Because of my studies I am doing a lot of field work and this takes almost all my time. Last year, when I was more free, I used to draw a part almost every night.

Good night,
Batur

rlm66.de

#4 von MarcelT , 25.01.2010 22:27

Hello Batur,

Interesting observation, I think you are right.
I did indeed use a blueprint of the same drawing as you did, the one with the latest revision being jan 1942, although the blueprint itself does have a stamped-on date of april 1943, suggesting that there were no further revisions to this particular drawing between jan 42 and april 43.
The area in question is indeed open to interpretation in the drawing, and based on the photographic evidence, I did get this detail wrong.
Thanks for pointing this out, I will need to make a revision to my model :)
It just goes to demonstrate that even with original factory blueprints you need to be careful, due to possible interpretation errors, but also because I have found, like you did, that some of these blueprints do indeed contain errors (like where dimension calculations do not stack up) as well as inconsistencies.
But I guess that is part of what make researching fun!

I guess we must have been hunting for the same type of factory drawings/blueprints. You must have a sizeable collection, probably just like me.
The one area where where I do have a sizeable gap in my information is in the 109-12, 109-14, 109.40-109.46 groups (E-model)
If you happen to know of any material that could potentially bridge those gaps, I would be interested to get a pointer in the right direction (just trying :) ).

As to the available time for creating these models, I do have the same problem . . too little time . .

Regards, Marcel

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 8-109.116-049_unten.JPG 

MarcelT

zuletzt bearbeitet 25.01.2010 | Top

#5 von rlm66.de , 26.01.2010 16:08

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hello again Marcel,

I have almost no blueprints from the 109E. If I produce something from 109E, I do reverse-engineering. Last week, you asked me about the 109E instrument panels. I have an original one which I had bought at eBay. I also have a second one which was brought from France by my girlrfriend a few weeks ago. Not in good shape but still an original panel. I plan to do some reverse-engineering on it and prepare some CAD drawings. However, dont know when I can do it. I do not have anything of the 109E trager.

Batur

rlm66.de

#6 von rlm66.de , 26.01.2010 16:10

Hello,

Does anybody have Georg Hoch's "MESSERSCHMITT ME 109 IN SWISS AIR FORCE SERVICE" book? If yes, can you tell me if the Ersatzteilliste given in the book includes the cockpit parts, especially the instrument panel?

Thanks,

batur

rlm66.de

#7 von MarcelT , 27.01.2010 10:37

Fixed the inaccuracy in my model of the 'Geraetetafeltraeger'.
Regards, Marcel

Angefügte Bilder:
 8-109.116-049_unten_neu.JPG 

MarcelT

#8 von rlm66.de , 27.01.2010 17:43

Hello Marcel,

Well in that case your drawing is more accurate than mine at this point. As you might have seen I still have not made the chamfers at several points.

I have been thining to ask you something about this trager panel. Do you have the template which shows the locations of the DIN M3 holes at the top curved edge of the trager? They were not given on the blueprint but I know them from the original panel I saw.

Best,

batur

rlm66.de

Befestigung Starter K4 Gerätebrett
My new Bf-109 G-6 panel

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz