Wichtiger Hinweis für die Benützung des Forums : Es ist verboten Urheberrechtliches Material ins Forum zu stellen oder zu veröffentlichen, das Internet ist kein Rechtsfreier Raum ! Ich Admin Erwin Wiedmer lehne jeglich Haftung hierdurch ab, jeder Benutzer ist für seine Einträge selber verantwortlich und haftet dementsprechend ! Falls Sie mit dieser Bedingung nicht einverstanden sind - Benutzen Sie das Forum nicht ! Danke Admin Erwin Wiedmer
X

Instrument made by Telefunken

#1 von Admin , 08.02.2010 14:43

Habe heute folgende Mail erhalten - vielleicht könnt Ihr dazu was melden ? Danke

Admin

Erwin

Hello!

I noticed that there was a extra info requested for this instrument made by Telefunken.

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/instrum...s/AFN%20AEG.gif

I found this Finnish article from 1936 which has drawing of very similar instrument.

http://www.pelastamalmi.org/fi/luettavaa/aero-04-36.html

Unfortunately there is no Ln number, but I think it's same instrument, just badly drawn. Finland had a blind landing system made by Telefunken installed at the main airport in Helsinki.

http://www.pelastamalmi.org/images/telefunken1.jpg

So my guess is that this instrument wasn't used by Luftwaffe, but it was older version for civilian planes.
The reason why I've been searching info about these blind landing instruments is that I'm trying to implement them correctly in flight simulator. I have two open question and I would really appreciate if you would know the answer for these.

1. The Finnish article says that this instrument had a red light at the center when plane flew over the outer marker and green light when it flew over inner marker. Did the Luftwaffe AFN-1 & AFN-2 instruments have these same two red & green lights or was there only single color for both marker beacons?

2. All British references state that the vertical needle of these blind landing instruments worked in "commanding manner". For example if plane drifted left from the Lorenz center beam (dot area), the needle is pointing to right. I don't understand much about German references, but I think they are saying that AFN-1 & AFN-2 instruments worked vise versa (plane drifted left for beam, needle pointing left). Which one is the correct behavior for Luftwaffe AFN-1 & AFN-2?

Any confirmation or hint for these issues is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Tero T*

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 AFNAEG.gif 

Admin

zuletzt bearbeitet 08.02.2010 | Top

RE: Instrument made by Telefunken

#2 von rookie1 , 08.02.2010 16:42

Hello,
I can give the following answers to yout questions:

1: AFN 1 and 2 had only a red light (neon lamp) in the center, which was iluminated when overflying the transmitter.

2: the needle went to the right, when plane flew to the right of the target (target was left from the plane). So the English sources are wrong in this case.

Regards,
rookie1

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 afn.png 

rookie1

RE: Instrument made by Telefunken

#3 von Viikate , 09.02.2010 16:32

Thank you for this info. I'm also thinking that there was only one colored light in AFN-1 & AFN-2. However it is possible that this instrument made by Telefunken had red & green lights.

Viikate  
Viikate

Askania Artificial Horizon

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz