you are talking about the 3rd appearance of a material treated with phenolic resin.
Not to confuse everything, here the differences:
-> Pertinax or "Hartpapier" (hard paper) is resin impregnated paper (used i.e. for isolation duties in electrical equipment)
-> Durcoton or Novotex or other brand names or "Hartgewebe" (hard canvas) is resin impregnated fabric (used i.e. for bearings, rolls in the control, and in the 109 for things like discussed here)
-> "phenolharzgetränktes Buchenschichtholz" is resin impregnated plywood (unfortunately I do not remember the brand name) and was used i.e. for the panel of the He 219
-> finally Bakelit is moulded resin with more or less parts of shredded cotton or similar fabric parts. and was used i.e. for instrument cases.
At a first glance all of the above are looking quite similar but the contents are different.
Here is a photo of the two mounts I have made for Martin Mednis a few weeks ago. Martin is currently restoring the original nose section of Hs 129B-2, WNr. 0385 in Australia. Mounts are for ASI and turn & bank gauges.
I used phenolic fiber (Ferrozell) which is more reddish in color than the Pertinax. The thickness on the thinnest point on the wall is only 2 mm.
The mounts look great!
Which technique did you use to produce them, laser-cutting, cnc-milling ?
Did you have originals to use as a template, or did you create them on the basis of (manufacturer) drawing(s) or photographic evidence?
I don't think their blueprints are available. When Martin asked me to make these custom parts for him, he sent a photo of an original Hs 129 cockpit where the mounts were clearly seen. The 2 instruments were side by side, almost touching each other. So, the mounts had to be level with the outer border of each instrument's bakelite casing. I drew the 2 instruments on AutoCAD from the blueprints which are readily available. Later I drew the the mounts level with the borders of the casings. For the 4 extensions at the corners (where the screws go thru), I used the dimensions given in a Messerschmitt blueprint of a similar mount located between the tachometer and the instrument panel in early Bf 109G. The tricky radius between the outer circles of the mount and the extension was taken from that blueprint as well. Mounts were cut on a CNC-mill. Now they are in Australia and I guess Martin will send me a photo of them on his original Hs 129 instrument panel soon. I will post them here.
I was thinking to send you a message lately about a new finding on the structure of plywoods used in instrument panels. However, because of your long silence, I could not be sure if you were still interested in that subject. Thanks to Reiner Struntz, now I have several original plywood panel parts from 6 different aircraft. It seems that each ply was actually a plywood itself as well. Hard to explain. If you are interested, I can send you some photos to your mail address.
main oxygen original wooden panel installations
for sale instrument panel Bf-109G10 of the plane see photo repro plate with forging, gear indicator, one indicator, labels everything else that is original. Magnetos, button, switch, starter unobtainable in great condition, the unit .... Instruments are state 1A